How to get here
Hardanger is easily accessible by car and public transport. Hardanger is a one-hour drive from Bergen (75 Km) and a 6-hourdrive from Oslo. The area is easily accessible by car and public transport.
DISTANCES TO NORHEIMSUND
• From Bergen: 75 kilometer - 1 hour
• From Haugesund: 178 kilometer - 3 hours
• From Stavanger: 260 kilometer - 4 hours
• From Larvik: 350 kilometer - 6 hours
• From Oslo: 400 kilometer - 6 hours
• From Kristiansand: 390 kilometer - 6 hours
• From Trondheim: 633 kilometer - 10 hours
• Hardangerfjordekspressen, Bergen-Rosendal. www.rodne.no
• Fjord Line (Denmark- Stavanger - Bergen) www.fjordline.no
• Color Line (Denmark / Germany- Norway) www.colorline.no
• DFDS SEAWAYS (Denmark-Norway) www.dfdsseaways.no
• Stena Line (Denmark-Norway)
Ferry rout Jondal-Tørvikbygd:
Bergensbana runs between Oslo and Bergen. www.nsb.no.
From Bergen, Voss and Geilo there are bus routes to Hardanger. www.skyss.no
Offers a tour of Hardanger, starting in Oslo or Bergen. Travel by train, bus and boat. If you wish, you can include accommodation and activities during the travel.
Norway in a nutshell - Hardangerfjord in a nutshell
On the Hardangerfjord in a nutshell you will experience a journey through a landscape of majestic mountains, roaring waterfalls and idyllic orchards. If the Sognefjord is the "King of all fjords" in Western Norway, the Hardangerfjord is at least the Queen. The 179 kilometer long fjord offers nature that will even make the most experienced traveler speech less. Here are nature pearls like pearls on a string. You can start the Hardangerfjord in a nutshell trip from Bergen and Oslo. The trip can be done as a round trip with return to your starting point, or as a one-way trip from Bergen to Oslo, or the opposite way.
NOR-WAY bus-express, express bus service between Hardanger Oslo, Sandefjord, Larvik, Kristiansand, Stavanger and Haugesund. www.nor-way.no
Local bus routes from Bergen, Voss and Hardanger. www.skyss.no
Trolltunga-Preikestolen-express, daily bus service between Hardanger, Ryfylke and Stavanger in July and August. Book ticket at www.tide.no/fjords
The nearest international airport is in Bergen (BGO) and Haugesund (HAU)).
Direct routes to Bergen: www.avinor.no/flyplass/bergen
Direct routes to Haugesund: www.avinor.no/flyplass/haugesund